Coming out of the cold winter months can be tricky for so many people because it’s so easy to let ourselves go physically over the winter. We wake up in the dark, wrap ourselves in layers of warm clothes, go sit in a miserable office all day, then go home and eat in front of the TV. However, the winter is gone and now we have to look good again! Here are a few tips, tricks, and pointers we came up with for you this spring to help get you back into a healthy lifestyle:
- Get technological with it
- Nowadays, technology has taken over everything from education to exercise. If you need a little push to help motivate you, try buying yourself a FitBit or Apple Watch to actually track your progress.
- Download some mobile apps to link with your FitBit to see how much activity you are currently doing, and where you can improve. Technological reminders are great motivators!
- Make an effort to be more active
- Everyone is guilty of looking for the absolute closest parking spot, taking the elevator just a few levels, or ordering and Uber to go a short walk down the road. Take advantage of the weather right now, and be more active. Park further away, take the stairs, and walk instead of buying a cheap Uber, it’ll be good for your health and wallet.
- Do things you like that aren’t necessarily ‘working out’
- Not everybody is the kind of person who enjoys the gym or crowded yoga studios. This is no excuse not to be active still. Go to PacSun, grab a new pair of boardshorts and go swimming! If you like playing volleyball, look into local leagues for fun. Any activity is good activity.
- Watch what you eat
- Having a balanced and healthy diet is equally as important as being physical. There’s no point running an hour everyday on the treadmill if you are going to turn around and have Burger King for lunch. Control your cravings, and focus more on fresh, unprocessed foods, and obviously low on sugar!